Categories: gcse geometry
A polygon is a shape made up of straight sides. Polygons include triangles, rectangles, parallelograms, pentagons, hexagons and so on. This sections explores the different types and properties of polygons:
- Regular polygons (shapes where each side is the same length and each angle is the same).
- Interior and exterior angles.
- Different types of triangle.
- Different types of quadrilateral.
- Other types of polygons.
- Star polygons.
- Tesselation (tiling shapes).
- Regular polygons
- Interior and exterior angles of a polygon
- Quadrilateral family tree
- Pentagons - polygons with 5 sides
- Hexagons - polygons with 6 sides
- Heptagons - polygons with 7 sides
- Octagons - polygons with 8 sides
- Nonagons - polygons with 9 sides
- Decagons - polygons with 10 sides
- Hendecagons - polygons with 11 sides
- Dodecagons - polygons with 12 sides
- n-gons - polygons with any number of sides
- Other types of polygon
- Star polygons
Join the GraphicMaths Newletter
Sign up using this form to receive an email when new content is added:
angle area cartesian equation chord circle combinations complex polygon cosh cosine cosine rule cube decagon derivative diagonal directrix dodecagon ellipse equilateral triangle exponent exponential exterior angle focus gradient hendecagon heptagon hexagon horizontal hyperbola hyperbolic function interior angle inverse hyperbolic function irregular polygon isosceles trapezium isosceles triangle kite locus major axis minor axis newton raphson method nonagon normal octagon parabola parallelogram parametric equation pentagon perimeter permutations power pythagoras proof quadrilateral radius rectangle regular polygon rhombus root sine sine rule sinh sloping lines solving equations solving triangles square standard curves star polygon straight line graphs symmetry tangent tanh transformations trapezium triangle vertical